Scheduling and Investment Information
We would love to have the opportunity to work with you! Our full-service studio is located in Virginia Beach
but we hold sessions on-location in the surrounding Hampton Roads area as well.
How does it work?
1. Contact Us! The first step is to contact us via any of the Request a Consultation or Book Your Session buttons on our site! Fill out the information and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
2. Phone Consultation We will call you to chat about details - what type of session you are interested in, what types of images you love, the products you are hoping to have after the session, etc. This is a no-pressure consultation over the phone so that you can get to know us and we can get to know you! If you are inquiring about Birth Photography, we will schedule an in-person consultation at your earliest convenience.
3. Pay The Session Fee Your session is officially reserved when you pay your session fee. We have an awesome Online Booking Center where you can choose the type of session, fill out a questionnaire, sign our portrait agreement and submit payment.
4. Schedule and Attend your Session If you are booking a newborn session, we put your due date on our calendar and you call us in the days after your baby arrives to schedule a specific date. If you are booking a portrait session for your family or a maternity session, we will schedule the date as soon as your session fee is paid. We will chat again as it gets closer to your session date regarding wardrobe, location, & specific details pertaining to you and your family. You arrive at your session and have a stress-free and amazing time!
5. The Big Reveal We edit the best images to present to you on the day of your Big Reveal. The Big Reveal is where you get to see all of your amazing images on our big screen and choose the printed products with the print credit in your Collection. We have all the prints, albums, and speciality products in our studio so that you can see and touch them! It is here that you finalize your collection order and submit payment.
6. Enjoy them for a Lifetime Your items are lovingly designed, printed, and then packaged for pickup. About 2-4 weeks after the Big Reveal, we will let you know that your order has arrived and you can arrange a time to return to the studio to pick everything up! This is the fun part! Now you get to hang your wall art and enjoy it for years to come!
WHEN TO BOOK:
Birth Stories: Due to the unpredictable nature of birth, we limit the number of birth stories we book per month. To reserve your due date on our calendar, we request a deposit to hold your spot on our calendar and the remainder of the fee is due 30 days before your due date. We can work out alternative plans if needed, just ask!
Maternity Sessions: We recommend contacting us in your 5th or 6th month of pregnancy. The best time for portraits of your growing belly is between 32-36 weeks. If you require a weekend date, please book early! We only have one Saturday available per month.
Newborn Sessions: To ensure availability, please book your newborn session at least 6 weeks prior to your expected due date. Studio newborn sessions are for babies between 5 days and 12 days old, but we can accommodate babies up to 6 weeks old. Last minute bookings may be available, but are first-come, first-serve!
1st Birthday Cake Smash Sessions: We work with the amazing team at Tutu Cute Cakes to create custom designed sets and cakes for our birthday babies. We ask that you book at least 3 weeks before you would like to schedule the session. If you would like your pictures to be used for the baby's birthday party, we recommend the session takes place about 5-6 weeks before the party.
Families: We can often fit full family sessions in on a week day within 2 weeks. If you require a weekend date, please book early! We only have one Saturday available per month. Twice a year we offer family minisessions, but they book fast. So be sure to sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know!
Boudoir: We sometimes have special event minisessions, but you can schedule your own personal session anytime. We also offer special packages if you bring friends with you! Just ask!